Sunday, May 25, 2008

Shabby Chic Pink Roses Jewelry box

I've really become interested in painting jewelry boxes lately, especially floral boxes that are in the shabby chic style.

I've painted this light pink rose and buds against a soft green and white background. I've also lightly distressed the box, to add to its shabby chic appearance.

There are very soft, washy leaves and flowers in the background. Just a hint of something far away.

A little surprise when you open the lid.

The design is carried around the side of the box as well.
This jewelry box is available in my ETSY shop at: http://www.artfulcreations.etsy.com/ .

3 comments:

Sherry/Cherie said...

Beautiful painting Ruth and I love how you've gone down the side of the box too -- very elegant!

Lynda said...

Absolutely gorgeous, Ruth! Your rose paintins are just beautiful.
xo,
Lynda

Ruth Welter said...

Thank you Sherry and Lynda. They are becoming one of my favorites to paint. : )