Saturday, June 20, 2009

About inspiration or the lack of it...

Yes, I have to admit it...I've been in one of those blank states that I dislike so much...one of those when NOTHING comes o mind...One of those states that keep you away from the pretty papers, from the right words, from the oh so loved glitter!
Life got a little crazy, but not bad crazy, just busy crazy and now that is slowing down I'm looking for inspiration...I'm looking for that little image,

...that special color...

...texture...

...that special memory...

even sound!...noticed the new background music?...

That moment, usually sitting right in front of my face...most definitely looking right into my eyes, waiting to be discovered and grabbed!... That little jolt that will sparkle and put me in motion again...
No worries, just sitting here and writing this post is a great beginning, don't you think?...

Wishing you a fab weekend full of inspiration or the energy to search for it because...

"It's not what you look at that matters, it's what you see"
~Henry David Thoreau~

Pictures credits:
"Spools" by Tina Jensen from "Tiny Bear"
"Detail" By "The pink Door"
"Lace" by Anne from "Keeping up with the Tatums"
"Tattered Christmas Rose" by Annabelle from "Pastoral Dreams"


13 comments:

Cinderella Moments said...

I've passed the "One Lovely Blog Award" to you for your blog which I enjoy looking at every day!

You can read about it here ~http://shopcinderellamoments.blogspot.com/
To accept the award, post it on your blog together with the name of the person who has granted the award, and his or her blog link. Then, pass the award to 15 other blogs that you’ve newly discovered. Remember to contact the bloggers to let them know they have been chosen for this award.

Hopefully this will introduce people to some fabulous blogs that are out there!
Caroline

Tristan Robin Blakeman said...

It's interesting that you should be having that issue - as your photos often inspire ME.

Maybe you should spend time looking at the lovely compositions you make!

:)

Lynn said...

The pictures you posted have just inspired ME! I'm out to my studio!

Coastal Sisters said...

I hate it when I get into a slump when I just run out of creative juices. That's when I look to others for inspiration :)

Love,
LuLu~*xoxo

Tiedupmemories said...

I've been there!We all do! Nothing to worry about...it comes back...then it goes again!. Lol! I feel I'm a pretty creative soul but it's definately a challenge in blog world! There are so many of us!Inspiration is everywhere!Tomorrow is another day!
Tracy

Wanda said...

Hi Marcela, I am a fellow ECS member, I see such beauty in the blog world I know creativity abounds and I have seen some of your things and they are good. Thanks for feartuing my party hat lampshade on your Cottage style shopping side bare.TTFN wanda

Debbi said...

love the music Marcela! Summer has got to be the worst time for me to keep a creative muse going...I think it is because the flowers are blooming in the cottage garden and my creativity lies there this time of year.....

simplydelicious said...

Love...the music! I, too have felt a little slumpy of late. I think it's the constant rain we've had! I just keep looking to others for inspiration...Thanks!

Coleen said...

I have found that when I am in the "dried up zone" when my muse seems to have left me, is exactly what I needed (to rest)as that is when a period of really frantic creativity follows.....my muse slumbers and then awakens renewed and refreshed!

Heart Hugs,
Coleen

Patti said...

i get into slumps too but they pass as soon as I see something to inspire me and it will pass for you too. Looks like it already has. Great photos Marcela.
Have a creative week!
Hugs
Patti

My Journey to Hope said...

Marcela, I see I'm not the first, but I'm also passing along the "One Lovely Blog Award" to you for your incredibly inspiring blog!

:) Michelle

TheTatums said...

Hey, thanks for including one of my photos! That's one of my favorite supply packets that I've ever made up for Etsy! I love old lace!!!

Lookin' forward to the blog party

Summer Gypsy said...

Hi Marcela,
I just finished a swap at 4:30 a.m., but you never know when the muse speaks!!! Looking forward to the blog party. I especially appreciate your comment about artists accepting other artists' work without reservation. I was in a group earlier this year that was not that accepting...had to be practically published. A bit uppity! I left the group because art should not be judged by one eye...It is deep in the heart of the creator. ECS has always been a great group to share with and keep in touch with!!! Thanks for the lovely pics.
Marilyn