Thursday, June 25, 2009

Blog Party: "You are never too old.."

Like most of you, I have always been "into something creative"...and like,probably all of you, I have tried many mediums, made a lot of mistakes, got rid of some and kept a few!

About a year ago, my computer took me (I swear I wasn't looking for them!...) to the Etsy Cottage Style group and the ZNE pages and... Boy Oh Boy, was I in for a treat! All those cute papers, intriguing shapes, vintage findings, glitter!!...I learned of Mixed Media, Fairies, Collages, Mermaids...I read about swaps and challenges and even entered some...and I did something that I never thought I could do: inspired by the very talented graphic artists in these groups, I learned the basics of Photoshop and created some digital art!

I did, yes I did, because...

...your computer!!

And I did it because my fellow artists supported me, encouraged me and never, never made me feel like my work wasn't good enough to share with them.


I have a long way to go. A college class might be in my near future, but in the meantime I keep playing with my computer, making mistakes, going crazy sometimes but most of all, I keep experimenting!


I don't know how long my "digital phase" will last and I have no idea of what's coming next, but I sure know that I will try it!!

Now I'm off to visit inspiring blogs, who knows, maybe by the end of the day I'm already in my "next phase". And you?...what are you playing with???
Add your name and URL address to the Mr. Linky below, to let us know you are participating in the Blog Party!




"Trust that little voice in your head that says "Wouldn't it be interesting if..." And then do it"
~Duane Michals~



To Share, Inspire and Be Inspired, don't forget to visit the bloggers participating in this Blog Party and leave them some encouraging words...everybody loves comments in Blogland!
(To visit the others bloggers, just click on Mr Linky and the list of blogs will open up)


11 comments:

Debbi said...

love your designs Marcela!

debi @ life in my studio said...

Marcela,
Your images are Beautiful! I think you do great work already!!!
Thanks for setting up this fun party.
Debi

Rachel said...

gorgeous gorgeous designs!

Debi Vincent said...

Oh, Marcela, they are WONDERFUL. I especially love the little girl and the clock. She looks like she' thinking "Oh, No! What time is it?" So cute. I'm really looking forward to all the amazing blog posts today. Thank you again for hosting!
Debi aka foofooelm

Melody said...

Good Morning Marcella! Your art is inspirastional as always. What a great party theme! I finally got linked I think...Let me know if I'm not.

Tristan Robin Blakeman said...

lovely designs!

sassydesigns said...

Marcela your digital art work is gorgeous! Have a great week-end.
hugs,
Dee

The French Bear said...

Marcella, you are incredibly talented, thanks for hosting such a nice event!!! Sometimes it's just good to hear how we are doing, isn't it? I hope to join in the fun, I have to get to work, but maybe later I will try my best!!!! Happy Friday!!!
Hugs,
Margaret B

Angie... by the said...

Hi Marcella,
Thanks for doing this. I'm all linked up and am off to check out all these amazing friends you have!

simplydelicious said...

I'm in awe of anyone who understands digital work! It all sounds like "blah blah blah" to me. I just don't get it!

XO Karen

Suzanne MacCrone said...

Love your creations Marcela!

This is one area that I am not familiar with yet...but am curious to learn. Meanwhile, I will crash the party and see what everyone else is up to! Have fun.

Ciao bella,
Suzanne