Thursday, August 27, 2009

Mom...you are weird!!!

That's what my kids always say about me. Why?
Well, because....

I don't text...
If we are close enough for you to have my phone #, we are close enough to talk to each other on the phone.


I don't like shopping, unless is for shoes....
No need to undress, they always fit and I don't have to worry if it makes my butt big!


I like vintage furniture...
Too many reasons to list why...


I don't like spas...
Just doesn't sound appealing to me...Give me some glitter, some paper and vintage findings and I'm a happy, relaxed clam!!


When I really think about the things that make me weird on my teenagers' eyes, I feel pretty good...It could be sooo much worse!! Don't you think?

My Parents didn't know about spas, or shopping at the mall, they liked new furniture and texting...well, let's not even go there!!!...and somehow for a long time I also thought they were weird!!!


"There was no respect for youth when I was young, and now that I am old, there is no respect for age! I missed it coming and going"
~J.B. Priestly~

PS: Please feel free to use the images on this post on your own artwork.


8 comments:

Almost Precious said...

Boy can I relate to the wonderful quote by J.B. Priestly. LOL Reminds me of an old song by Burl Ives; "Mr. In-between"

Rita said...

You are not alone...my boys are use to me been weird ,I have to make everybody else see the light at the end of my tunnel. I didn't even sign up for text messaging, hey I am saving money here, and would take me an hour to write "see you tomorrow". I don't like shopping for anything,I hope Deb Hodge bring more dresses at the Barn, that's where I shop, I don't like spa, never been to one. We may be able to get along at the sale! Ciao

Melody said...

HaHahahahehehahahaheheh! What a great post!

Linda B said...

OMG! I can so relate to this:D AND, I want to say "thank you" for letting us use those adorable images! Too cute! I'm with you on the whole spa thing -- boring! Give me paper, scissors and embellishments any day:)

someplace in thyme said...

Hi Marcela, I guess we get the shaft coming and going don't we??!! Sounds so true to me, you would think we would learn....love the images too, Char

Debbi said...

Marcela--have your heard the one the kids say now--"back in the day"? That is the one my son uses when he talks about how things were when I was his age--gawd that makes me feel antique!

Wanda said...

I am with you on the spa thing, my daughter just had an 80 minute massage, how much it cost I can only imagine.
Crafting is my bag and I like it like that.

Cindy said...

Cute post, that is life I guess, it can only get better, though. It won't be long until your kids will be agreeing that you aren't nearly as wierd as you used to be, and then one day they will think you are pretty cool, only that won't be the word they use of course, unless it has made it's way back again. One day...be patient. Hugs, Cindy S.