Sunday, August 23, 2009

Show Off Monday...


Welcome to "Show Off Monday", a kind of "Show and Tell" activity where you can "brag" about your accomplishments and where participants will help you start your week with an extra pat on the back!

I wrote many times about my conflicting love affair with digital graphics...a definitely Love-Hate relationship I've been having with my computer...Love because it amazes me that I've been able to come up with some decent work.
Hate because to make one piece takes me forever!!!!

Nevertheless, I have tackled the design of our new website...Yikes!!...
HTML,
Tags,
body,
head,
<>,
Composer,
Editor...

Headaches!!!!!
My friend Mary, clarified some words for me and taught me some basic steps.
You can check my progress here:
www.niceandeasyantiques.com

But before you check it, let me tell you...

I'm far from being done,
I'm really far from understanding the whole thing,
but I'm extremely far from quitting...
And for that...
I say:
"I did it, I tackled it and I'm proudly bragging about it!"

Now, I just want to know what you have tackled lately so don't forget to sign up using the
Mr. Linky gadget below...
We know you want to brag, we know you want the extra pat and we are all willing to give it to you!!...
Aren't we???
XOXO,






11 comments:

Debbi said...

Marcela--BRAVO!! this is quite an accomplishment and it is just gorgeous!! I have to admit that although I designed all my own elements for my website, I got lost in the cornflakes of the template html, so I had to have someone else write the code and put in all my elements....You go girl, it is obvious you love graphic design!!

Rita said...

Hey Marcela,
I wanted to be on it so bad that I click on Signor linky twice!!! Computers! Sorry Ciao

Tristan Robin Blakeman said...

your new site looks terrific - good on you!

and I still love those crown pillows!

Shirley said...

I am learning and I hope that I have done this right. I always enjoy reading the blogs.

Dragonfly Treasure said...

It looks awesome Marcela!! I had such fun exploring it.
*hugs*
deb

Cindy said...

You have some very cool items! I love your crown pillows! Thank you for letting me join in on this party, I don't think your Mr. Linky is working quite right, though. Which is too bad, because this is a really great idea for a blog party. Hugs, Cindy

Patti said...

I have posted my blog because I did the background and banner myself using Photoshop! It has taken me over a year to learn photoshop and with tips from friends and trial and error I have accomplished it and I am VERY PROUD of myself. I even got my last digital collage posted on Etsy Cottage Style !! It is called "My Secret Garden"

Horray!! I finally did it!
Patti

Shiningwoman, freelance artist said...

Way to go Ladies!
I think all of us adults who were not born with the computer know-how chip in our brains and have struggle to teach ourselves about computers should celebrate our curiousity, our strength of will, our patience, and our unfailing love of art. After all it it is these attributes that keep us going and make life rich! I love computer graphics! Yeah!

Patti said...

Thanks for stopping by to take a look at my blog and for the kind words.
Hugs
Patti

Cinderella Moments said...

That was a great idea! How fun to see what everyone is working on! Thanks a bunch!!!
P.S. the computer thing... I think no matter how much you know, your computer is always there to remind you: you don't know enough! :)

Tami said...

Hi Marcela...I am so sorry I missed this!!
I have been getting my new website off the ground & stocked and have been off in some other world.
I am going to do a better job of staying in touch.
Hope all is well with everyone!
xo Tami